The brother I never had.
Another session with Dam. My all-access pass to the mind of the male species. My most straightforward love adviser. The brother I never had.
I love how easy everything is with Dam. I don’t have to be pa-tweetums, pretend to be high-profiled, or initiate witty conversations to impress him. He does most of the talking when we hang out. I just listen and then butt in when asked. We can genuinely talk about almost everything randomly even the things people don’t normally talk about. (esp. to the opposite sex). Hahaha
Furthermore, I am thankful that despite our differences; I mean our beliefs in life, priorities and personality, he’s still there to stick around. Like for example, I don’t text him first because I don’t want him to think I’m too clingy, he does the effort to catch up. Out of the blue he calls and ask me “So, what’s up? what did I miss?” and for a friend, I love that. It shows that he cares. He needs to be updated. I guess that’s what friendship should be because without paying attention to the littlest details about your friend; esp. your male friends, chances are the friendship will go astray. You have to interrogate them because they don’t share too much.
Speaking of sharing, when he told me he like someone and he plans to marry her (wether he’s serious about it or not), I felt sad. Not jealous or whatever. In fact, I like this girl (haven’t meet her tho), compared to the last girl he asked me to meet. It just struck me that when the time comes that we both have to face the reality of life, the married life for example, we won’t be hanging out as often as we are now or worst, we won’t be hanging out at all. That I can’t handle. hahaha —OA! but seriously though, I hope it doesn’t turn out that way.
Around here, however, we don’t look backwards for very long. We keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things, because we’re curious…and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths.— Walt Disney Company (via hqlines)
20 FACTS ABOUT ME.
1. My name’s Nihaya but you can call me Neeya/Ni if you’re too lazy to add an extra syllable. (is my overused intro) 😅
2. I’m 22 years old and turns a year older every 10th day of October.
3. A self-taught photographer and a hobbyist artist. (non-pro)
4. Government Employee. My life currently revolves around my students. I’m a teacher, yes.
5. The teaching profession has taught me how far my patience can be pushed and I wanna believe it has made me a better person.
6. I’d (go to college and) study fashion designing in CSB if I can afford to.
7. Figuratively, I have a really big heart. I give more than I take.
8. I have trust issues and I’m giving all the credits to my ex.
9. I have laundry list of phobias.
10. I’m phalacrophobic. That’s why I don’t comb my hair.
11. I can’t swim. never tried either.
12. I can’t cook to save my life.
13. I have already named my future babies! Hahaha
14. I have an unhealthy obsession with spicy foods.
15. I can’t decide on my own without asking my mom’s opinion first. Even if I chose to go against her afterwards.
16. If I miss to eat a cone of Ice cream in a month, I’d die.
17. I am a loyal friend. But I only owe my loyalty to people who never made me question theirs.
18. I’m an “only child” but I have 14 other half siblings & I’m their youngest.
19. I have a habit of muttering botched song lyrics in public.
20. I’m a nocturnal type of being. Nah-uh, definitely not a morning person.
Thank you @bitsofjoyce, @mardiyyahton and @hapi03 for tagging me. 😊
I got my TIN (Tax Identification Number) from the BIR in one click last tuesday and it feels good. Makes me feel professional. Another reminder that I should really start acting my age. Haha
Mom’s been asking me every now and then to get my TIN but I refuse to go to the BIR many times but when the DepEd ARMM Region announced that they would be releasing our June Salary this week, I set aside all the laziness inside me and find my way to the BIR. Haha! Anything for money, huh? Nah, I was just too excited to have the prize of all the hard work I have devoted myself into and I kind of need the TIN to fill in some information sheets.That picture tho. ugh! That was 3-4 years ago but it’s the only 1x1 photo left in my wallet and I got no time to rush to the studio so yeah.. I didn’t really have much choice. Err.
ALHAMDULILLAH, ALHAMDULILLAH, ALHAMDULILLAH!
I got my first two months salary. Yay! My June (in cash) and now my July (check) salary. They’re right, you’re going to love the teaching profession when you see that your students are learning but you’re going to love it more when the gaining part begins. Haha! Kidding aside, I had to go to Cotabato yesterday to claim my first check (June). I am not so happy about that because I had to drag my mom to travel again with me (because I’m not allowed to travel alone) which means, she had to spend more for the both of us. Though I know she’s not going to ask me for reimbursement, I don’t want to be a burden even at the time of getting my salary. My mom’s tired. I know. She doesn’t complain much but I realize it’s time I do things by myself.
Say Hi to my friend Ruffa. We applied in the DepEd together, got in together, attend the oath taking ceremony together, claimed our salary together and tomorrow we’ll have our check in cash together. Haha! Together Forever, In Shaa Allah.
MSU IIT 46th Charter Day and 12th Grand Alumni Homecoming.
July 12, 2014.
Every charter day, I never miss to check what’s on sale at the TABO or School Fair. This time, I was expecting to see cute stuff like Mason Jars, Hair Bows, Paintings, handmade crafts and all but what I saw was a line of food tents and the usual souvenir (key chain) stalls.
How can I not visit my college, right? This is where I spent four lazy years of my life. Haha I was never a studious student back then so let’s not talk much about my college life.
It’s been two years but I see nothing much has changed. Except that there’s a major construction going on to expand the Engineering building.
Some students called our attention to vote for the next set of AIITAFI officers and buy a ticket for the alumni party. I’m not there to party so I left and ignored the ticket booth right after voting.
It was actually Naj (black hijab) who invited me to visit the Institute. She’s also an IIT alumna. Her sister here was once an IITian too. She was a Bio major but she decided to take up Nursing and transferred to another school because there was no Nursing course in IIT at that time so yeah.. Thanks for the company, guys! :)